RTSTT: Global Virtual Race
The 24 Hour Race's first-ever virtual race is here! Want to run with your friends, compete against other schools and cities, enjoy cool merchandise, and help fight human trafficking?
RTSTT Initiatives & A21
This challenge is completed! 🎉 Please open/download the atlasGO: Wellbeing app to log your activities and make them count!
- Start date: November 1, 2020.
- End date: December 20, 2020.
- Tickets: Sales ends on November 26 2020 as it's the last day for teams to complete their 24-day challenge by December 20.
- How it works: You can run on your own or in a team of 4-5. Your goal is to log 24 hours of running within 24 days of starting your race
- Goal: Each participant has to log 24 hours of exercise within 24 days.
- Challenge: Your 24 Hour Race starts when your entire teams log onto the app.
- How to win: The team with the furthest km logged wins. Only those who’ve logged a minimum of 24 hours within days will count. Runners can log more than 24 hours of running.
- Fundraising: Each runner is asked to fundraise US$ 60 to help us fight slavery in Pattaya, Thailand. You'll receive a personal link from atlasGO via email, to share with your friends and family and fundraise through them. Follow the donation board here.
- Leaderboard: Individual ranking, team ranking, and city vs city ranking
- Anywhere: You can run absolutely anywhere. You connect atlasGO to your running app and start running
- Exercise: You can run, walk, or hike. It all counts towards your team’s overall km tracked, but REMEMBER, the goal is log the most KM!
- 🏆Prizes: the top three winning teams will receive medals and free 24HR merchandising.
Click on the "Signup Now" button above to buy your ticket.
You will receive a link by email (Ticket Confirmation) to redeem your ticket and to create your atlasGO account.
Once you have created your profile, simply download the atlasGO app on your mobile device from the App Store, Google Play. Log in to the app with the same credentials you used when you created your account. You are now in the challenge!
During the race, ask people to sponsor you via this link.
You can also follow the Donation Leaderboard, to see who is raising the most money!
The 24 Hour Race, a Running To Stop The Traffik (RTSTT) initiative, ensures that students in major cities the world have the information, inspiration, and resources to contribute to the movement to eradicate modern-day slavery.
In addition to fundraising for our strategic partnership with A21 that will help us rebuild a child advocacy center in Pattaya, Thailand, you are helping RTSTT continue its wide range of youth empowerment efforts such:
- Mentoring Workshops (courses in leadership & other relevant topics)
- Youth Empowerment Conferences (down-to-earth inspirational talks about empowerment)
- Student Leadership (8-10 month selective leadership journey with RTSTT)
- Incubators (limited, deep-dive course into ethical business & professional etiquette )
- Seeding Campaigns (2-3 month mentored project-building competition)
RTSTT will not let this pandemic silence our efforts to combat the scourge of modern-day slavery. Our work has never been more important. Millions of vulnerable families and individuals are without access to freedom, safety, and other primary necessities.
With your support, we can ensure that we are able to fulfill our fundraising and continue to mobilize students around the world.
Who can participate?
Everyone is invited to join the challenge. The more the merrier. Please share with your friends, family and colleagues.
How can I post a photo on the feed?
After submitting your activity on the GO screen, click on the share button. You will be able to either take a picture or choose one from your library. You can also add a comment if you like and share your picture on other social media channels outside of atlasGO. As soon as you have shared your photo it will appear on the feed.
Why does the app not allow me to import my steps from Fitbit or another app?
We don't allow importing steps as the challenge promotes conscious workouts such as runs. Importing daily steps that also include all the steps you take at home is therefore not enabled.
Why does the app tell me that I can't add more miles?
For all activities, the application puts an upper cap to make sure our users don't put an unrealistic number by mistake, as an example 200 miles biked instead of 20 miles biked. The cap is set for a period of 24 hours and if you think you weren't able to add all your activities because of a cap, you can always reach out to email@example.com and ask them to add your additional activity.
How can I talk to my teammates?
Click on the bottom navigation bar on the ‘team’ button. It is the icon that looks like a heart. That’s your team chat. You can write in there to communicate with your teammates. If you would like to disable notifications for the team chat you can edit by clicking on the three little dots next to the team icon.
How can I find and follow a friend? The easiest way to find and follow a friend is to use the search function on top of the feed. You can also click on their profile on the feed above each post or while visiting the leaderboard to give your friend a follow. On the leaderboards, check out the “Following” leaderboard to see how you are doing compared to your peers.
How can I see my activities and previous shares?
On the bottom of the navigation bar, click on your profile (button on the right). To make any edits to your profile name or add a photo click on the three little dots at the top right of your screen. You will also find your stats, activities and shares on the profile page.
atlasGO has an option to track distance based activities by GPS tracking but it does not seem to work properly. What is wrong?
Depending on many external factors, tracking can be inaccurate sometimes. Here are a couple of ways you can improve accuracy:
Make sure you are outside. We can not track your activity indoors. It is difficult to catch the right satellite signal indoors. For the optimal accuracy please add your activity manually if you are running on a treadmill or if you are walking in a building. You can do this by clicking on the “+” sign on the GO screen. Make sure you activated localization. We can not track your activity if tracking is not activated. Please allow tracking by going to your settings. Fully charge your battery. When your phone is on low battery or if you use the battery saving option tracking services will be less accurate. Please update the app. We continuously work on improving accuracy. You might be on an old app version. A full refresh is the best way to avoid issues. Delete atlasGO and download again.
For best results with GPS tracking iOS:
For best results with GPS tracking Android:
1. Be sure you have installed the latest version of the atlasGO App. 2. Reset network and location warnings in settings, and reboot device. 3. Make sure your phone’s battery saving mode is turned off as that can affect GPS.
4. If none of the above work, please delete & re-install the app to see if this helps.
5. If you continue to have issues with GPS tracking please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help you.
IF ALL OF THESE TIPPS AND TRICKS DON’T HELP YOU HAVE THE POSSIBILITY TO LOG YOUR ACTIVITIES AND DISTANCE MANUALLY
Can I use the App abroad?
Yes you can but please be aware that our GPS tracking requires you to have an internet connection at the end of a fitness session so consider potential roaming costs whilst tracking your activity.
Which software does the app require?
Please update the app to the latest iOS or Android version to make sure it runs smoothly.
Use of data
Whom can I contact if I have difficulties downloading or using the app
If this FAQ section does not answer your question or technical issue contact us on email@example.com and we will try to help you as soon as possible!